Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Phones - Same Number?

Options
  • 17-09-2023 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I’ve 2 phones at the minute. An iPhone and Galaxy Fold.

both have billpay sims, one Vodafone and the other Three. One is my personal line and other is company paid.

I don’t receive any calls really to the company phone. Just use it for data/ work emails. Teams / Outlook installed

Is there anyway I can set these phones up to both ring when my personal number is called?

I’m looking for the ability to be able to leave either phone at home and know I won’t miss any calls. Ideally without having to forward a number each time I pick one up.

sometimes the Fold is too big, if out for a run or sometimes I don’t have my work phone with me.

I see Vodafone have brought out OneNumber but this is only for Galaxy Watches.

I see Google Voice mentioned a few times but not sure if it’s correct for what I need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Call forwarding (all calls) is probably your only choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

You have the 🤑💰 money, get the Galaxy watch and leave all the phones @home 🏡, then come back and tell me all about it. Have a vague interest in this Vodafone " One number" thingy 🦥

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Get a dual SIM phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

OP already has one (Fold) and possibly the iPhone is too depending on the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It was possible to clone sims up to the very early 2000's by brute forcing the encryption. But then they changed the encryption algorithm which left things such that a brute force attack would almost certainly burn out the memory on the sim before you cracked it.

No practical help to you, but a bit of trivia nonetheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Move your personal number to Vodafone or Lycamobile and get an esim. Load it onto the work phone along with the physical work sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

A smaller one that he can bring with him when running etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Plus Google Voice doesn't work in Ireland

Advertisement