Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public to civil service and recognition of service and pay scale

Options
  • 17-09-2023 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

I worked 23yrs in Public Sector getting to highest level in my pay scale. Pivoting to the civil service, I accepted a graduate AO post. Whilst the analogous query regarding the recognition of my established pay increments was being processed, I signed the contract being told that this would not affect the outcome of the query. My starting date was 3 months ahead of that time, 11th Sept.

In good faith I resigned from my post. 6 weeks later I was told my service was being recognised and my starting salary was to be far greater than the 1st pay scale of an AO. On the Friday before commencing employment, 8th Sept I was informed that because I resigned from my post in June and there was a gap before commencing in the civil service 'if the person is not currently serving there is no facility for analogous grades or to be deemed a promotion and incremental credit does not apply to the grade of AO, the person should start at the first point of the scale'.

I am going to appeal this - can anyone advise me?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,752 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Your union is the best place for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PVNevin

Your union is the worst place for advice. Unions are there to discipline the workforce. Unions are agents for management.

Advertisement