Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al snow

Options
  • 17-09-2023 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭

How is Al snow not a hall of famer yet?

He had a great run during his WWF time.

Also has anyone watched the the wrestler on netflix. Great documentary about ovw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If Al Snow is being made a WWE Hall of Famer, then we should expect an influx of guys like Stevie Richards etc. Not feasible.

I could see them eventually adding an extra wing to their HoF which will still commemorate people like Snow, D-Lo Brown, Albert, Funaki etc. Something like a contribution award to Pro Wrestling or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He should be in it.

Debuted in 1982 - a career spanning over 41+ years (Still active as his last match was August just gone). Wrestled for such promotions as WWF/E, ECW, Smokey Mountain etc. Been an agent in TNA, ran various wrestling schools and has trained or had a hand in training various wrestlers over the years including Cody Rhodes who accordingly gives Snow a lot of credit for his training.

Why shouldn't he be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will probably go in with Val Venis Bob Holly and RVD Sandman Tommy Dreamer and Blue Meanie in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I'm two eps in to ovw netflix doc. I don't think I stick the course. Al seems delusional.

Him and his mates are in feild running around at midnight with masks on. Then says "no one is doing this expect WWE but we're doing it better."

There a bunch of of comments from Al trying to put himself in the same league as WWE, when clearly there just a local indy with some minor t.v.

In terms of HOF why not. I don't hold HOF in any esteem. Give him a two minute video package, 5 minute speech and foley roasts him.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

I’m sorry but that’s not a Hall of Famer career. I mean been an agent with TNA…..that’s scraping the barrel.

You could have acknowledged he was Tag Team champion with Mankind which was something at least.

I like Al, he’s great in that new Netflix documentary and he got over with the fans in the 90’s with a funny gimmick. But no way should he be going into the Hall of Fame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thing is the hall of fame is bo**ocks lol. It's not a real hall of fame.

Many people were up in arms over Koko B Ware going in to the hall of fame but he did. Snow aint no main eventer we can all agree on that. But he has done something. One could argue more than Koko B ware. He's had more of a career than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭johnnyk29

I would have Haku/Meng in the HOF...was very surprised to find out he was never inducted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Watched 2 episodes myself....the ending of the first one with the mother and daughter angle was so comically bad. A non wrestling fan might buy it but I was just cringing.

It's a shame because I thought Netflix might be getting behind wrestling, but it's cleary a case of look at these freakshows. I feel really bad for the people who just want to wrestle sp much that they don't care that they're not getting paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Think that’s harsh. Don’t really watch much wrestling anymore but really enjoyed it. Thought there was an awful lot to it and it showed pro wrestling in a good light. Haley J oozes charisma too. I’ll be amazed if she doesn’t make it in WWE or AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

Her resume is rather undermined by there being a documentary showing her as an unreliable drug addict though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Really enjoyed the doc overall and love when wrestling is shot in that style. Reaching out to Shera for one of our shows, dude looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

WWE are giving her a tryout. She liked a smoke but don’t think she was unreliable in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colmpigeon

I liked Al Snow ... he was one of those wrestlers who always seemed to be landed with crappy gimmicks. He did great to get over with the head gimmick, I've always felt that any gimmick that involves a wrestler talking to an inanimate object is (usually) a shortcut to disaster.

I think there is justification for him going into the HOF. Snow, and a few other wrestlers (such as Road Dogg and Bob Holly), established the early incarnation of the Hardcore title/division. I know the hardcore title is not regarded highly, but I do remember it giving us a lot of fun matches, and allowed a spotlight to be shone on wrestlers who weren't necessarily in the main event. Snow also served as a trainer on the first three seasons of Tough Enough, and a commentator on HEAT with Jonathan Coachman.

Most definitely I think Crash Holly should be in the WWE HOF as well. There is plenty of room in a pro wrestling Hall of Fame for people who weren't necessarily world champions or main eventers.

Advertisement