Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown House (Meath) pool

Options
  • 16-09-2023 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a search for some information about this on boards but couldn't see any so my question/ your replies may assist others if they're searching for similar info. At present, I'm learning to swim. I'm an adult. I've been to a number of pools (the athlone sports centre one is the best by far... it has a large kids pool (0.5m deep) to a regular one that goes from 1m deep to 2m deep)

However, I live far from there so only occasionally do I go there. Rather, I pass Johnstown Estate (Enfield, Meath) everyday on my way home from work. I was in the hotel once to check out the pool, etc. I found the facilities really nice. However the pool, while nice, seemed very deep. I'm think that perhaps I'm just thinking that way coz I'm learning and am new to the pool. What yee think??? Anyways, as the pool is on my way from work, I could go into the gym/pool...thus eliminating the whole motivation thing in getting home and going out again to another pool elsewhere.

So my questions is...should I take up membership in Johnstown and try learn to swim in this pool (up to now, I am comfortable swimming underwater) but above water, my kick sucks and I have helicopter arms. I tend to panic also if I make a mistake and go under as my balance is shite so regaining stance in the water is a little challenging for me just now... or should I go elsewhere, even if its a drive away from my home, and find a shallower pool to learn in?

Any replies is really appreciated.

Thanks, again, so much, in advance.

S

Advertisement