Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 B7 1.6 Petrol Cutting out mysteriously

Options
  • 16-09-2023 8:37pm

Hi All,

Question. I have an Audi A4 B7 1.6 Petrol, car drives fine but at times, when driving the car will literally cut out and stop, then will restart if left for about 2 minutes, no need to jump it or anything. I’ve had it with 2 good mechanics, it has even passed the NCT and no one can solve the problem. It’s not low on fuel when it happens, the battery is sound, the fuel pump is priming, filters were recently changed, CAM sensor changed and zero faults showing up on diagnostics.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

This may be a knock sensor or TDC sensor. Had similar issues on a 1.8T petrol Audi engine and although both sensors were replaced IIRC only one had failed. I think it was around 300 yo yos in Audi to sort it.

Advertisement