Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you like the revamped Motors Forum?

Options
  • 15-09-2023 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

It’s been about 6 months since the re-org of the forums and I thought it was a good time to check in and see how people feel about the revamp. 

Keeping this poll very simple (the ‘don’t know’ option promotes too much fence-sitting imo). If there’s things you don’t like, comment. If there’s thing you do like also comment 🙂

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Do you like the revamped Motors Forum? 41 votes

Yes
    36% 15 votes
    No
    63% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭User1998

Voted yes. Traffic seems to have picked up slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Seems ok but when I do a search I find it difficult to get results from the forum I'm on but instead get results from all forums. Frustrating but might be my mistake.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's nothing particular to the Motors Forum format though.

I'll vote yes if AMKC can have his own forum which the rest of us can duly ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

In all fairness, much of your own posting is also best ignored. Your contributions aren't exactly top drawer material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

I voted no. The learning to drive forum (though quite) had a wealth of useful information that was relatively easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

It is very rare now for a thread to go unanswered. In the old set up, threads would languish for days and a lot never got a reply.

I think Classics should’ve been merged into the main forum too. There are very few posts or new threads in it and very little activity over the summer.

‘Today I spotted a classic and took a pic’ get very few pics and has really been replaced by ‘oldest car on the road’ in this forum.

Detailing is essentially a dead topic on this site now which is sad to see when it used to be so active. Took a trip over to detailingworld.com recently and it is not much better. Much all be on Insta and TikTok now.

All in all I am very happy with the revamp.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Maybe just me...but I liked the Buying&Selling section. Anytime I have bought I definitely found it useful...and also got valuable help and insights from some of the regulars. I know I can still ask questions...but I found browsing other queries informative as well.

Advertisement