Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of xbred mature ewes?

Options
  • 15-09-2023 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

What kind of price are good quality 3 or 4 year old ewes ready to go to the ram making?

Have to buy 30 nice Crossbred (Cheviot ram x Mayo horned ewe) ewes for an elderly neighbour.He got out of a lot of aged ewes a month ago and wants these bought in.He wants mature ewes that will lamb away unaided outside.

Doesn’t like Milford or Mule type x as they are too soft for his hilly ground.

I saw nice looking x bred hoggetts online making from 160 to 180 in Manorhamilton last week.

Would you get genuine 3 or 4 yr olds of that type for 110-120 euro?

I don’t have time for Marts but would buy online if I thought stock were genuine.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Anyone see these type of sheep sold in breeding sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭DJ98

Have seen good quality 3 Yr old Suffolk x mule ewes and bfl x tex/char ewes selling from 120 upto 150 over the last couple of weeks

Advertisement