Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota reverse camera warranty/not warranty

Options
  • 14-09-2023 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Long story short my reverse camera fogged up the week of the thunder, heavy rain etc

I brought it too my local Toyota, fobbed me off to go back to where I got it etc, it’s a scratch

More around the houses with warranty etc etc, today I get told 1K or so and it is not covered but we will do good will and cover half the costs (so about 500 euro)

I was told 300 or so by the service manager I dealt with, then someone from the place I got it didn’t question it or so no its way off the price

Any suggestions? Get one from breaker yard and see will a mechanic install it I Or just do nothing and hope it doesn’t happen again and if it does them lash the hairdryer on it and hope goes away again

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here is my cynical take on it:

They initially told you €300 hoping it would discourage you to just leave it as is. When that didn't work they came back with a higher figure. Most main dealer workshops are low staffed and busy these days, these kind of jobs are not very appealing to them but still take up a work ramp and technician's time which they can utilize better. If you do go ahead then expect them to tell you that they won't be able to get to it for a month or two.

The non cynical take:

Main dealer OEM parts and labour are not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Must have been a crack in the lens maybe that's just needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

It was condensation (it looked like privacy glass youd have on a shower window), so i guess will come and go again

The service manager went from

Theres a crack etc in it

to

Come back when its raining as its cleared up now and toyota will just reject the claim

Advertisement