Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Juice!

Options
  • 13-09-2023 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Has anyone tried 'Super Juice'?

It all came about because I was looking for a tasty lemon cordial and thought that dilutable lemon from Robinsons or Miwadi just wasn't up to the job. And so I came across the idea of super juice a week or two ago.

You peel a citrus fruit - using a super sharp peeler that takes none of the pith with it - and after weighing the peel add a corresponding amount of citric acid and let it all work its magic for a couple of hours. Oleo citrate they call it.

Another calculation is made to work out the amount of water to add to the peel, along with the juice of the peeled citrus, and then the mix is blended before being strained for use.

I've tried it with lemon and clementine and thought the results were not bad at all. You really do get a huge amount of very tasty 'juice'. I've used some of the lemon for limoncello spritz and made a nice orangeade with the clementine.

If anyone wants to give it a go, do a search on YouTube for 'super juice'.

I just bought a huge 400g bag of citric acid because I plan on making this stuff often!

Comments

Advertisement