Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you connect HDMI [Output from DVD] to Composite Input on a Samsung TV

Options
  • 13-09-2023 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Right so my problem is that one of the HDMI ports on my Samsung Smart HD TV (My Samsung TV Model is UE32M5500AK. 32” M5500 Full HD Smart TV) is faulty after a few minutes the video starts to cut out.

I want to be able to reconnect my DVD player to the TV was thinking of using HDMI output port and I have a cable that goes from HDMI to RCA (Three cables Yellow, red and white) and was thinking of connecting this via another adapter cable that has three RCA plugs into a composite plug back into the Samsung TV

Is this do-able?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would say it would but the quality sucks.

I would invest in a hdmi switch that adds 3 hdmi ports for additional items.

Plugging or unplugging cables while units are powered on with blow ports.

Pick up a new cheap one on Adverts for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭breadmond

This will work but the quality will be crap l, composite isn't a HD format. Using the component/ypbpr port would be better but you'll need an adaptor. You can also get hdmi switches that let you plug multiple sources into one port and switch between them

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Had HDMI switcher box before when my original 21" Flat screen had ONE HDMI port!!! remember that?? Appreciate the quality will be poor maybe even too poor so as you are saying maybe I should reinvest in a HDMI switcher! Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Thanks for that will take your advice and get myself a HDMI switcher box

Advertisement