Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport parking.. do we need to book in advance nowadays?

Options
  • 13-09-2023 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

The last time I collected someone from the airport I was able to just arrive and no problems getting a space, but is it required now to book a slot?

I might be waiting 10 minutes, I might be waiting an hour if there are issues with the flight etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

You don't need to book ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I checked the website and it says "Booked out" but roughly what percentage of spaces are left for parking on arrival?

I guess I'd better head up an hour earlier than planned just to be sure of a space

I've never not been able to get a space tbh. Sometimes I have to drive up to the top of the carpark but there's always something when I'm there.

The parking is so expensive that people don't hang around unless they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I would suggest that you do need to book in advance. QuickPark is not available. What would you do if the car park is full when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

If you use Flightradar24 you should be able to plan when the people you are picking up will be out of the airport and then you can pick them up from departures with a quick set down.

Best bet is to make them wait a few minutes so that you are not hanging around

• Advertisement

Not sure if you read the whole thread?

The OP specifically said they were picking someone up from the airport. When you pick someone up you use in the short term carpark which has a spot available 99% of the time, I don't think you can even book it for an hour if you're picking someone up.

Edit: I checked and you can book short term carpark for an hour but you're charged for the full day so if that's what you're suggesting fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah I'd say daa only allow 80%/90% to be booked in short term and the rest are for drive-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Sorry. Misread the post. Agree, no need to book.

Advertisement