Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ball park repair costs

Options
  • 12-09-2023 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All,

Put a 2011 diesel grand scenic in for NCT and failed on lots of things. Going to take it to mechanic this week to get estimate on repairs to see if it's worth it but wondering if anyone could give a ballpark figure please

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

There is nothing crazy bad there but the cost will depend on why the engine light is on ultimately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

As said, the MIL being on is the big unknown here.

Otherwise, it looks like you need 2 new coil springs, front brake pads and some replacement bulbs in the rear (hopefully it only needs a reverse light bulb). They have also warned about one of your tyres being below 3mm in tread depth so that might warrant a replacement.

A decent garage will most likely get everything bar the MIL and tyre done for a few hundred Euro. The MIL could be anything and will need further investigation. Could be something as simple as a sensor or could be DPF needing replacing, only a garage will be able to tell you that one after reading whatever codes have been logged by the ECU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Three tyres no? Two over six years old..

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sligopaul

Are the tyres an advisory or a fail .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

The tyres are advisory due to age on the rear tyres (more than 6 years) and tread depth on the front left (below 3mm), they are not a fail. If it was my car, I would be getting a full set of new tyres as I can imagine the ones on the car are past their best at this stage and I would not like to rely on them in the wet/cold weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Thanks for the responses guys, in my head including tyres and a service it will be around the 1k mark.

It's the second car in house so just tips around. Doesn't make sense to spend 15k on a new car instead of 1k and keep this going

Just need to convince herself of that

Advertisement