Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract ending - what next?

Options
  • 12-09-2023 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am currently doing some longstanding contractual work, with a view to this contract ending at the end of the year.

It’s a fast paced role, very demanding, but I enjoy that side of it. The project I was hired for is near completion – hence why the contract is going to close.

The company who hired me in have been good to me. Permit me to work from home FT, and I only work a 4 day week – which facilitates me to be able to assist with elderly parents etc.

I don’t know if there are any other roles in my current company that would permit them to extend my contract, but to be honest, there is an element of me seeking a change at the same time.

Can anyone advise how to approach prospective roles/ employers in terms of a WFH initiative and a reduced working week. I am quite niche in what I do, and while it is quite specific to my companies current line of business – there are a lot of elements that would be generic to any organisation.

Or am I being greedy in my expectations? I haven’t had to search the market for some time – so its all a bit new.

Advertisement