Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontic treatment benefit from VHI or Irish Life?

Options
  • 12-09-2023 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

My employer has a max limit of 3500 per family for health insurance. They can only pay directly to VHI and Irish Life. Payment to others and reimbursement is not possible. We are a family of 5: 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 children. Any insurance which provides Orthodontic treatment benefit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

When I researched, I found that the orthodontic cover was of no benefit.

Taking VHI as an example;

You have to have the policy a minimum of 2 years before making a claim, the policy obviously needs to be active while getting the treatment/making a claim, which is at least another 2 years. The max benefit is 1,000 per person per lifetime. The premium for those 4 years (maybe more) is going to come to around 1,000, so it cancels out the amount of the benefit. It's also an additional policy, dental and eyes aren't covered in health insurance, so it needs to be a separate dental policy.

Edit : Looks like VHI have increased their benefit from 1,000 to 1,250.

Advertisement