Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't drink much, but drink long

Options
  • 12-09-2023 10:08am

I'm curious to know of anyone had drinking habits the same as mine, and if it eventually prompted them to give it up altogether.

I would say i am a frequent drinker, though I don't necessarily drink a lot in volume. But when I start, I do really enjoy myself and will stay up very late leaving me too tired the next day, and i probably do this most times i have no work in the morning.

What this can look like is opening a bottle of wine on a Friday night, and i won't go to be till it's gone, this can be after 1. And sometimes i might have another beer and stay till 2. I think I'm a natural night owl. I'm in a nice bubble reading or watching something (or looking at tiktok ffs). Very happy while doing it but then quite tired the next day which can take away from the day, and i will do this on friday and Saturday and most weeks either Thursday or sunday.

Funnily, If I'm out for pints (male btw), once i hit 4, maybe 5, I've had my fill. Physically that's me done, probably because i do drink slow and going at others pace fills me quickly.

So it may be a bottle, it may be a few pints, but the issue doesn't feel like the quantity. It feels like not being able to stop at 11.30 and waking up fresh the next day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sounds a bit like all or nothing which can be a hard habit to break and tbh sometimes you're better off just not drinking at all, finding something else to help you wind down might help.

Advertisement