Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice request

Options
  • 12-09-2023 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All,

As the title states, I'm looking for some plumbing advice.

I'm about to change out flooring in a room with 3 radiators to a herringbone style floor and am taking the oppurtunity to alter the radiator pipework.

Rather that have the pipes stick up from the screed to the radiator, I will chase them into the wall. this will negate the need for notching around pipes and will improve the aesthetic of the floor

I have the skills necessary to do all this myself including soldering the joints, but just wanted to check something with ye

what is best to cover the pipes when installing in a chase? I know i will need something that will allow for exansion so as not to pierce the pipes on the rough chase, and I dont want to risk cracking or discolouration of the finish plaster from the heat involved. (oil boiler so ~70°c)

Will standard insulation suffice up to the point where it exits the wall?

any help really appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement