Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Day Practicalities

Options
  • 11-09-2023 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

First time DCM runner here. Just wondering about the specifics of race day in the sense of parking mainly, what time to arrive etc with road closures etc?

I'm in wave two.

Thanks

Post edited by thestar on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Based on last year if you are willing to come in from N11 or grand canal direction you can get into the multi story in the Green up to around 7:30.

Otherwise you are the far side of the canal on the south, likely somewhere like Waterloo/Wellington/Raglan roads off the main Donnybrook rd. Never parked on the Northside so unsure of there, given there is no public transport it might be quite busy on main places like Grand Canal Dock area.

If living or staying on Southside get LUAS if at all possible.

No Dart scheduled as of today before 9AM on the Sunday(even southside, note they always schedule northside rail works around that weekend).

Parking for Participants and Spectators

Irish Life Dublin Marathon 2022 Parking for Participants and Spectators at Q-Park Stephens Green, Q-Park Setanta and Q-Park Christchurch

There’s a 25% discount on parking at all Q-Park locations in Dublin city centre except Q-Park Four Courts & Q-Park Grand Canal 

This offer is available from 29th-31st October and via pre-booking only. It is not available at the car parks on the event day.

Please use the promo code: ILDM25 to activate the discount 

To pre-book your parking & to avail of this discount visit 

www.q-park.ie

Phoenix Park

http://phoenixpark.ie/

Luas  

Both lines start as Sunday Service at 7.00am and Finish at 11.30pm Trams are every 10 minutes.

Irish Rail

Details to follow

Full details on irishrail.ie

Impact on dublinbikes Scheme

The Dublin Bikes stations that are affected are as follows; 

Merrion Square East (25) – Closed from 15:00hrs 28th Oct – 10:00hrs 31st Oct 

Merrion Square West (26) – Closed from 15:00hrs 28th Oct – 10:00hrs 31st Oct

Merrion Square South (113) – Closed from 15:00hrs 28th Oct – 10:00hrs 31st Oct

Fitzwilliam Square East (89) – Closed from 15:00hrs 28th Oct – 10:00hrs 31st Oct

Mount Street Lower (56) – Closed from 15:00hrs 28th Oct – 10:00hrs 31st Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I have parked around Pearse Street and side streets between Pearse and the Quays for free. Always been fine with a quick exit towards the Port tunnel for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

I found it really handy to park near UCD just off the N11 last year and cycle in to the start area. Locked my bike at beside the start and then a nice easy spin back to the car afterwards.

Advertisement