Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to move eir pole in 2023

Options
  • 11-09-2023 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

I need to move an Eir pole to achieve sight lines which is fine but does anyone know what region of cost to expect. They charge €550 non refundable to come out and survey it but I can't seem to find a near final cost or even an estimation.

Anyone have to do this recently and know what to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Have a similar question.

Sorry to hijack.

But if you have an eir pole that's covered in ivy in your garden, servicing several houses, except your own ...and maybe looks like it could fall down ... I'd assume they'll replace it for free.

Also who's responsible for removing the ivy/maintaining it ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

sorry to hijack your thread but its somewhat related.....could anyone point me in the direction of having a pole installed for phone/fiber connectivity.....we're currently awaiting the NBI install but curious to see what the costa might have been to do it privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Probably best to ask in the Broadband forum NBI thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

NBI are awful at this. I am waiting a year for them to get a pole in. So frustrated by it I may just dig a duct myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

We're in the orocess of getting 1km of laneway polled....its a grind,but gettin' there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 bored reader

I also need to move an eir pole for planning etc. the pole is in quite bad repair. just wondering did anyone get it done recently and how bad was the fee.

I've heard 550 for survey and 2000 for the works. I'm very tempted to move it myself. 1 meter in from the road would suffice.

any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement