Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds from BOI to Revolut

Options
  • 11-09-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I've had an immediate transfer facility between BOI and Revolut since I opened the R account when they came to Ireland. This was via the BOI online app. However when I went to transfer money yesterday it took me directly to my BOI online a/c - not the mobile app and went through the standard transfer procedure, and confirmed it would take 1 - 2 working days. Does anyone know if there has been an adjustment to how the bank is dealing with Revolut? Can't get an answer from either R or BOI. Don't want to lose the fast transfer option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I can't understand how you were able to transfer money immediately (from BoI to Revolut) using the BoI mobile app. I can do it in the Revolut app, by clicking on 'Add money' and specifying my BoI account (specifically, my BoI debit card) as the source. It asks for the CVV number of the card and the money arrives either instantly or within a few minutes. If I was to do it using the BoI mobile app or their website, it would take at least two days days for the money to appear in my Revolut account.

You need to define your BoI debit card in Revolut. Click on 'Add money', tap on 'Change' when it shows an already defined bank source, then tap on 'Add card securely'.

Advertisement