Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clock stopped working

Options
  • 11-09-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I've had this clock over 20 years and would like to have it for another 20! It has worked perfectly over that time but I've had to replace the battery recently and it hasn't worked since. I've tried several different batteries/ cleaning contacts etc. without joy. I don't really know about clock mechanism/ replacement parts or if the hands will need to be replaced so I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It'll need to be a bit of a DIY project but shouldn't be that difficult.

You can basically just replace the whole movement with something like this;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Replacement movement from Amazon for around 10 euro or so I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If you can measure the hole size for the hands you should be able to get a cheap enough, but decent, replacement movement and then reuse the existing hands. Its not a big job.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hey2.Hey2

Rather than buying junk from Amazon and ignoring Cregal Art (even if I did pass them most days on the way to O'Meara's shop on the Monivea Road) - go for the original 'Made in Germany' UTS item: https://ngclocks.co.uk/uts-movements-71-c.asp (OK - you may get screwed trying to import them ... but German class trumps Chinese dross any day).

Advertisement