Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the local authority/County Council reference forms like?

Options
  • 11-09-2023 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I'm wondering what are the reference forms the coco/local authority send to current/previous employers like? I've interviewed for a position grade 7 and I think it went well. I only have private sector experience so not sure what way the reference forms are laid out for coco.

Do they ask about sick leave and if so how far back do they ask about with current employer? I missed some time around covid down to having symptoms and another time when I tested positive. Workplace rules were 2 weeks isolation on both cases. Ive missed 2 other days in my 3.5 years down to stomach bug. If the reference form just asks for number of days over my full length of employment there it will look a lot being 22 days over 3.5 years, in reality it was all covid related absence, aside from 2 days. However I'm not sure a prospective employer will see that. Any advice?

Thank you

Post edited by Teresa7 on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭TestLink

As per my experience they just confirm the position and dates of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Teresa7

Thank you for this.

Advertisement