Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is it safe to cycle after fractured humerus?

Options
  • 11-09-2023 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have experience of this? I fractured my humerus (left arm) and four weeks later not feeling ready to get back on bike. Off painkillers but still wearing sling. Next xray scheduled for two weeks time.

Post edited by CramCycle on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

It would be safe once your doctor/surgeon says so, and from there, when you feel comfortable. Public forum is probably not the best place to get medical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not giving advice, but when I broke ribs, I was told 8 weeks before going back on the bike outside. I didn't feel ready until probably 12 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Everyone heals different but from experience of the same injury cycling outside the house is a few weeks off.

As others have stated medial advice & advice from a sports physio is recommended. Rehab of the injury cannot be understated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Thanks guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement