Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a career in Retail Management

Options
  • 10-09-2023 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

I worked in a SuperValu for close to 3 years through Covid whilst at college.

Got a Business degree and have since started a job in Supply Chain.. I hate it, 9 months in, I'm doing terribly, I don't like sitting at a desk all day, I really don't see myself lasting here much longer.

So I've been weighing up my options - I'm waiting to hear back on a similar(ish) Supply Chain job, that I applied for because it's significantly better paying.. but now even if I get it, I'm not sure I want it.

Love cars but want to keep that as a hobby, tried the electrical apprenticeship route many moons ago - wasn't cut out for that or working construction in general.

I'm seriously considering retail management.. I enjoyed my time in retail, albeit spent working with the friends I made, but I think I would like retail management..

Ultimate ambition is and always has been self employment, I'd love to start my own business down the line - open a franchise, maybe start a franchise model of my own..

So my question is - where's best to start? I'm guessing it's back to square one - onto the floor.. Should I look at the likes of Lidl or Aldi, Woodies, Tesco - where has a solid chance of promotion and a good reputation for training retail managers?

Comments

Advertisement