Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sheep Shed

Options
  • 10-09-2023 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Going building a new shed to store hay/straw and will have sheep in it for 2 months too. 20 foot bays so using steel purlins. Considering non drip sheeting as have been told there will be condensation issues as using steel purlins as opposed to wood. Any thoughts or anyone have experience with non drip sheeting in sheds with sheep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

I built a new one last year and didn’t go with them. The builder said with the level of ventilation there was no need. I was dubious but he was dead right. Never see any dripping

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Do you mind me asking what size and what ventilation you had. Did you have steel purlins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

It was 4 bay double , 60x40. Just went for ventilation on sides and roof canopy on top.

Advertisement