Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nilan Compact P Air9—Any Recent Experience?

Options
  • 10-09-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I am in the early stages of considering an air-to-water heat pump + mechanical heat recovery ventilation. Nilan Compact P Air9 seems to do both with the bonus of an air-to-air heat pump in the recovery and nice little things like recovery from cooker hood. I would be grateful for comments from any users, especially if you had the system for longer. Trustpilot on nilan.dk is not happy with posters complaining of the short 2 year warranty there and issues within 4-5 years.

This would be a retrofit into an older property, currently efficient condensing oil boiler, underfloor heating in half and rads in the other half of the house. Reasonable additional insulation coming. Also investing in solar PV, and possibly solar water to supplement the cylinder in the above system. Not a passive house, though. Thanks.

Rafal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bruce909

Hi Rafal,

I have a Nilan Compaq P.

Ive had multiple issues with it. in short - it's been a bit of a nightmare. Currently it's not working. Getting Nilan to service it, or to fix it has been an ordeal. They only have a very small team servicing the whole of Ireland. It's very unreliable. If you google "trust pilot Nilan" you will find proof of this, from other countries.. where they have sold more.

Lots of issues with wiring / & it just never was as efficient as Nilan claimed it would be. Also, unlike some of the better known brands.. only Nilan will service it. So you are stuck with them for the lifespan of the unit.

Also - mine is a passive house, with excellent insulation / airtightness. So it would be even more ineffective if used as a retrofit. Good luck with your project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Limitedtime

Hi Bruce909 - i wouldnt mind talking to you. I am in the same boat. I am new to boards. how do we swap numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

Click on their name and send them a private message.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AClo

Hi

I agree with Bruce. System very very disappointing. I am in a passive house and it does not heat the house enough in cold weather and I have to light the stove. Would not recommend this heat pump

Advertisement