Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this damp?

Options
  • 10-09-2023 12:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We'd an extension put on about 6 or 7 years ago. I've just registered, I think I've noticed it for a good while now, that there's staining at the bottom of the rear wall which looks like damp and also staining of the top of the side wall which I'm not sure what it is. Neither of which look good. I'm not really a construction person so was wondering if anyone could give any help on what they think it might be or what I might need to do.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm not an expert, but it that monotouche render?

6-7 years is when it starts to stain and algae grows on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

in the first image, the staining is below the DPC. That part of the wall is damp by design. Not a concern at all. Could try cleaning, algae treatment, and/or repainting.

The Second looks like it might be a leak from the box gutter.

Advertisement