Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing commercial vehicle from UK

Options
  • 10-09-2023 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am thinking of buying a second hand lorry, 7.5 tonne horse lorry, in the UK and importing to Ireland. I was looking through the requirements and see the 23% VAT, €200 VRT and so on. I then spoke to a customs agent about the process and all seemed ok until he said customs are now looking for proof the vehicles originated in the UK, ie were physically assembled there.. apparently this has caused significant delays and other issues which I wasn’t aware of, and would obviously rather avoid..

has anyone any recent experience with importing second hand commercial vehicles from the UK?

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

You will need to provide proof if you are claiming 0% duty due to uk origin otherwise you will need to pay non-preference duty.

Advertisement