Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music on RTE Radio 1 gotten much younger

Options
  • 09-09-2023 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone else noticed this? When the 9am show plays a filler track now, it's something from the current top 40 or the 00s and 10s. A couple of years ago it was Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Presenter perhaps is the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

So not only has the presenter declined at that time of day, but the music has as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Are they still playing showband hits between 12 and 1pm weekdays? This may have ceased when Ronan Collins moved to Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ZaK23-54

I was listening to Gold yesterday.

Choice of music superb...

Michael Mc Namara played Stairway to Heaven on his 70’s show ...brilliant to hear the greatest song of all on the radio...

John Connolly is outstanding on the station....no show band hits there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kim_Lee

I just don't get why they are wasting Ronan Collins with 15 hours a week of Voicetracking, instead of having him do a live 2 hour show a on Saturday or Sunday lunchtime with requests, roundy birthdays etc which would connect with his listeners and also help create awareness of RTE Gold amongst the 65+ age group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gluppers

Yep, it's all CMAT now

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the 12 th man

Nope,much younger presenter now,I'd say loads of older listeners have switched off or over to RTE Gold or somewhere else.

Advertisement