Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black.grey rings around Chrome tab site icons

Options
  • 09-09-2023 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what these rings in Chrome signify - which I've just started seeing in the last few days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

As a wild guess, I wonder is this indicating that those tabs have been victim to the Chrome Memory Saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

I've found absolutely nothing on it and there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to what tabs will be affected. I turned on today and I have no tabs affected.

Edit: I wrote this reply in draft and posted it an hour later when by that time 31 tabs were affected. I've turned memory saver off now and will see how it goes.

Post edited by newmember2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I just spotted it happen to one of my tabs. I hovered over it and it shows as being "Inactive tab" and how much memory it freed up. So it's definitely the Google Memory Saver:

Advertisement