Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Faulty window switch, could this affect other door and keyfob closing?

Options
  • 09-09-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've an Audi A4 B6 with just front electric windows, so just two switches in the driver's door. The one that controls my window has been on its way out for a while, it sticks so I have to push/pull it several times to get the window to go up/down, but it works.

On Thursday I parked up and went to close the passenger window, it would not close and the switch felt notchy and broken inside (like the driver side switch). I tried closing it with the switch on the passenger door and via the keyfob (by holding down the lock button), no response.

Had to leave it as had to put some shopping in the fridge. Went out a bit later to investigate further and everything working again. I've not opened the windows since for fear of being stuck open again.

My question is, could faulty switches on the driver's door stop the passenger door switch and the keyfob from operating? I've looked for a used switch and also online, without success and they are €60 from the dealer, I'd rather not pay that just yet is it's not plausible that the switch is the issue.

Advertisement