Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania: Nocturne [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I started watching after finishing work and just completed it there.

Firstly I'm glad they went with 8 episodes compared to the 4 its parent show got in its first season. It took awhile to get to know the characters I was unfamiliar with, but I found I got to care about them by the end. It's genuinely emotional at times as well in ways I didn't expect, harkening back to when Alucard is alone in the Castle at the end of Season 2.

As a Castlevania fan, you're made to wait for those special moments but when they came for me, I genuinely felt goosebumps all over.

It's by no means perfect, as the main villain is not very interesting, and has none of the heft Dracula brought. Kind of like Carmilla in the previous show. Dialogue is a bit heavy handed at times as well.

Ultimately though I'm really looking forward to the second season. It kind of took me by surprise by how good it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thought this season was great, binged it all yesterday! Hopefully there's a small time jump for season 2 and Richter grows more as a Belmont. Hopefully they'll develop the main villain a bit more!

That shot at the end where a certain someone turns up looked stunning

Advertisement