Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which console? Fifa

Options
  • 08-09-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭

Hi all, starting with declaring I’m very clueless on this topic. I have a 10 year old boy, he doesn’t have any gaming console. He does some games on an iPad. He loves FIFA and is making noises that for the new fifa he would really need a “proper” console. At the moment he’s not allowed play interactive games (well on some there can be a slight ineraction but no actual conversation or connecting with his schoo friends etc) and won’t be for a while.

We might consider a console for Christmas. The main game he’d want is the new FIFA (not sure if it’s called fifa!) , and I’ve no idea what console is best. I don’t really want to get a switch as I think he’d grow out of that quickly, and ideally if he gets a console now it’d last him a few years.

An xbox S seems a lot cheaper than xbox X and PlayStation 5 but not sure if that would be as good? Or maybe an older Plystataion would be just as good?

Trying to get organized now so there wouldn’t be a last minute panic trying to decide and find what we want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's going to be called EA Sports FC this time around.

What do his friends have? Probably the most important question if he wants to play online with them or against them.

Xbox Series X and PS5 are both the same really in terms of power and graphics but the PS5 is more popular, which could be important if that's what his friends have. A Series S is a great cheaper option and will play FIFA just as well as the other two and if FIFA is his main game, that's probably the best option if his pals have an Xbox too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get the console his friends have so he can play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Isn't FIFA cross play so it wouldn't matter what his friends have, well if its for FIFA anyway. Series S is probably the better option in terms of cost. Think it can be picked up for close to half the price of the series X and PS5. There also might be sales on all of these around black Friday etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If his friends are on Xbox and he doesn't play much else other than FIFA, a Series S console will be perfect.

If more memory is required or other games are involved, a Series X or PS5 would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Great, thank you all! I’ll do some digging to what his friends have, but the Xbox S would be a lot better on the budget so might be good option, thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Should have mentioned it above but just note that the series s is digital only, it has no disc drive so no swapping games with his friends or anything if they also had an Xbox.

Advertisement