Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony BRAVIA VH1 not recording future programmes on satellite...

Options
  • 08-09-2023 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please help. Its the start of the world cup and thus stoopid TV has decided it doesnt want to record off of satellite channels.

So, to explain. I'm using the satellite tuner. I have freeview set up on sat and just plain satellite too. And I can watch the UK tv channels just fine on those..

BUT i used to be able to record off those channels just fine with the attached USB hard disk..

Lately I notice the freeview channels have no EPG info.. The used to have it..

On Satellite i do see epg but when i try to set a recording for a match tomorrow.. I click on the programme in the epg and then it shows the view button.. But no Timer Rec button. If i try to just hit the Rec button on the programme in the epg it shows an error message saying the end time has passed.. Even tho its tomorrow..

This is really useless.. it gives me the option to record satellite programmes if they are the very next thing on today.. but thats no feckin use..

I can record tomorrows rugby match (ireland V Romania) on Virgin on Saorview if I want.. but that signal is crap non-HD and boy is that hard on the eyes on a 55inch 4k tv..

So I wanted to record it on ITV1 cos at least thats in HD... but it just won't do it...

Any advice appreciated... (other than I shoulda bought a samsung.. yes I know I shoulda.. then i could pause live tv and all...🙄)

Advertisement