Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying directly to a company even though they're using recruitment agents

Options
  • 08-09-2023 12:02am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if that title makes sense but there's a couple of recruitment agents advertising a role but I know who their client is. The client isn't advertising the role.

Was just wondering what's people's experience of applying directly to the company and not going to the agents?

Is it a good or bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭wench

If they wanted the hassle of managing the hiring process themselves, they would have advertised direct.

Follow the process as outlined, and apply via the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you absolutely sure you know who the client is? Apply for both, but be careful of hassling a prospective employer - not a great look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I did it once, many years ago. They directed me towards the recruitment agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If the company isn't advertising the role, what role would you be applying for if applying directly?

Applying to the recruitment agent, you can tailor your application to how your qualifications and experience match the specified role requirements.

Advertisement