Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Murder at the End of the World [FX]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Brit Marling is pure quality.

Would love to see her and Damon Lindelof do something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of new teasers

Starts Novemeber 14th and will be on Hulu or I imagine it will eventually end up on Disney+ here.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emma Corrin challenging her best Jodie Foster, looks interesting, would prefer a binge watch than weekly with Disney + if it gets it as Hulu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Loved all the Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglilij film collaborations, but couldn't take to the OA series (at least too boring to invest in after a few episodes). Really looking forward this though, with its themes:

"Marling and Batmanglij have so thoughtfully built an inquiry into the consequences of AI and surveillance capitalism within the framework of a whodunit, yielding a mystery both current and timeless".

Watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed them looking forward to watching the rest.

• Advertisement

Love Brit Marling. First episode was class,

No more I love you. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched first two episodes, one of my favourite shows of the year so far. I would 100 percent devour it all in a few days so maybe weekly release isn't a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ep 2 why did she go to sleep?

seems to have a habit of that

Post edited by expectationlost on

Overall an average enough by the numbers series that was easy enough to work out the ending very qiuckly.

You didn't need to be a genius GenZ amateur detective to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Last episode felt a bit er rushed. All a bit standard...I enjoyed it overall and at least it had a coherent ending. For something with some similar themes but imo much much better would recommend Devs.

I Kinda thought it would end up man is bad...so AI bad route and it did. But Zoomed killing people was fun lol.

But....a laptop battery fire taking out an entire server farm protected by super AI (oh and a simple digit access code door)...no site B...no backups...nawwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

ugggh. Had found it too slow after 4 episodes, so was thinking of ditching it, so this tips the balance in favour of moving on. I get the empathy thing with Darby, but it's hardly Hercule Poirot incisiveness called for here. The backstory was interesting enough, but when I have no real interest in who may or may not die in the present, there's no real reason to stay, even for a reveal or some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

Had great potential, Darby and Bill’s characters investigating a deadly serial killer would have been interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

Was very slow and long-distance-meaningful-looks, I like Harris Dickinson and maybe the backstory could have been way more interesting than the actual main story.

5/10

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

While I did enjoy, it was a tad bit disappointing. Hopefully Marling and Batmanglij don’t wait as long as they did between this and the OA before jumping into a new project.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I've watched the first 2 episodes and liking it so far. I thought the scene of with Darby and Bill driving through at night singing No More I Love You's was great in episode 1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Late to this show but have really enjoyed it: no it's not necessarily the most mysterious of mysteries - 2 episodes left mind you, though the culprit seems obvious so who knows - yet it has been a really smart modernisation of a genre that has sometimes floated about stuck in the Agatha Christie mould; no this doesn't reinvent the wheel, or subvert it like Knives Out, but it has felt like the show at least wants to evolve the form a little, all while using the creeping anxieties about technology and our apocalyptic fatalism as the launchpad.

Plus I'm just a sucker for any show built on the idea of trapping people inside during a snowstorm or extreme weather event; it's such a great little way to generate drama and paranoia.

That said, I'd also be happy watching a show simply following Derby & Bill's serial killer obsession as well. There's a show in of itself right there.

Advertisement