Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 4x02- I Have No Bones, Yet I Must Flee' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 07-09-2023 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 4x02- 'I Have No Bones, Yet I Must Flee' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Didn't realise we had two today and I can't add to the other thread, so here we are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

Not as good as the first episode. Looks like some sort of season arc with mystery ship?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There seems to be a bit of a darker tendency in these two new episodes so far. The old themes of Mariner's behaviour (and moving on from it), the gang staying together etc etc are all there, but there's a sudden absence of T'lyn. They seem to want to introduce her, but don't know what to do with here, much like in season 3, where she was setup early on, then disappears until the season finale's last few seconds. And like the first episode, a dark overall tone and twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was fun. Don't remember associating so many bleeps with lower decks. Might be skewed from remembering Prodigy though.

Yeah the mystery ship does seem like an arc. Klingons, Romulans... who next. Maybe Starfleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm relieved that the episode didn't go the way I thought it was going with everyone relinquishing their promotions for stupid reasons. I was afraid the show might have an unwritten "no extra pips" rule like Smallville's "no tights, no flight" rule or similar rules from other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And getting the lower decks workers from those ships.

Was that the ship that rescued Badgey at the end of last season?

Never liked that Livik. But clearly a genius if he can improve the Tucker Tubes like he did. Who knew it was possible to improve on perfection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Clearly we are both watching two totally different episodes as I thought this episode was excellent a full 10 out of 10 for this episode whereas the last one was a below average episode a 3 out if 10 I would say.

I loved that Boilmler got the room right next to the Bussard collector and never knew about the dimming windows lol. Also loved the little details like the head bumps on the bunks lol akso Ruterford doing everything for a promotion was brilliant and that little bone eating creature was so cute. I guessed fairly soon on it was tge Humans in the cage that let it out lol.

Excellent episode. One of my favorites.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

More of Mariner moving on and being less insufferable in this one too. Was this the first reappearance of the Ten-Forward wear on the exhibit humans?

It's still strange how the 20 minute cartoon comedy can set up a season arc mystery with so little screen-time compared to Discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

Lower Decks perfectly calls out the more problematic elements of the TNG moment.

Hope it is not Peanut Hamper or Badgey?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

Loved that workout scene with Shaks and Ransom.

Otherwise, fine episode. Bit underwhelimg after the 4x01, and/or I think 1 of these a week is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Very good episode.

Whoop whoop for Rutherford. Can't leave him behind!!!

Window dimming was hilarious.

Romulan plotting lol

Get advancement for Mariner character.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
    Ms

Oh know episode two was the better episode. Episode 1 was good too but I loved 2 better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I liked that episode, and felt its primary function was to just address, head on, the issue of Mariner's bad behaviour and previous self-sabotage. Otherwise the show couldn't commit to actually letting the cast be promoted properly - and stick with it, not pull a sitcom reset. Mariner has to have her nonsense challenged and it couldn't be her mum, and wasn't gonna be her friends either.

The Shax stuff was funny, as was Boimler's woes with the rooms, the window tinting a hilarious little punchline to the side story.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Loved the window issues.

It's one of those real minor Star Trek details that every window seems to look cleanly out into space despite it being obvious it can't be the case.

We mostly see senior officers' quarters who probably get first pick of the nicer views, Data, Worf, and Tuvok aside.

Ms

Maybe Data liked his quarters like that. The same with Tuvok and I think Worf honestly would not care he would sleep on a blank of wood or a plate of steel being Klingon and did not much care for the view out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Had I not put in the exceptions someone would have mentioned it

Advertisement