Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving up from 219 Hyaundi i30 - suggestions please

Options
  • 06-09-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

i got great advice here 4 years ago to try a hyaundi i30 diesel, hatchback. I would like to upgrade now to something bigger/more luxurious.

It is mainly solo driving, the years of constant mom/dad taxi are over. I have a 30 min commute to work, 20 min motorway, rest city driving.

I am not ready to go EV or Hybrid yet so thinking of sticking with the diesel. Also want to go automatic. I like the hyaundi i30 but I feel it is a little low when I sit in, like I am lowering myself into the seat.

i am really swayed by a nice interior, I love all the gadgets and displays and the touch screens, integration with the iPhone, rear camera etc.

So what do you suggest? Probably prepared to spend €20K plus the trade in, but I am flexible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭User1998

Why wouldn’t you be ready to go hybrid? You just put fuel in it like your current diesel car? It will open up your options quite a bit especially if your looking to go automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You're driving a diesel in literally the most inefficient way possible, they're designed for long runs on a motorway, not urban driving

Go get yourself a PHEV and plug it in every evening, enjoy some cheap and quiet driving for most of your commute

Or go full EV and enjoy quiet driving for the entire journey

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

20k upfront plus trade in i30 would get you into a full electric Kona.

Not really bigger, but has lots of toys and a bit higher seat position. Not sure what trade in would be on i30, maybe 13 to 14k??

Can't think of a bigger luxury car for 34k....someone will be along in a moment to say skoda octavia no doubt! Life is too short to be that beige.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, a Toyota Yaris Cross hybrid might work for you:

https://www.carsireland.ie/3174452

https://www.carsireland.ie/3461499

Tried and tested Toyota hybrid drivetrain so no need to plug it into the wall and has a higher driving position than the i30.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

'Literally the most inefficient way possible'?

I have similar daily usage and achieve 50+ to the gallon.

My car has lower CO2 and NOx figures (WLTP) than a petrol Mini Cooper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

think op wants something a bit more special than another small hatchback , what about a used top spec . current model Tucson diesel or hybrid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't see what's more special about a Tucson to be honest unless you like being mistaken for an unmarked Garda car or Hertz rental. Your also getting into a different price range if the OP wants to keep to 20k plus the i30.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Thanks everyone, I would think I do more motorway driving than city, and I find my fuel efficiency very good.

I am prepared to go hybrid or EV but not this time, probably next time I change my car. I am all in favour of solar but I personally am not convinced I will be saving in the long run with buying an EV today.

What I want is the relaxed drives on motorways and a comfortable fun interior. I will take a look at your suggestions and let you know my comments

A top spec. Tucson is a nice machine

also i said used so perhaps 2021

• Advertisement
Advertisement