Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

95 toyota starlet 1.3 4 door

Options
  • 06-09-2023 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, Can anyone help a damsel in distress with an issue with my beloved starlet. Whilst stationary with the clutch down and in gear, usually first and reverse she lurches forward. It has had a new clutch in its lifetime i have had the clutch cylinder replaced and fluid of course and the problem remains. Shes my second starlet and it would break my heart to buy a grey eurobox, help us to keep styling, pleeeeeeease. Hollie B.

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Yes it's the clutch not fully disengaging. It's not making enough contact for most gears to gain traction but 1st and reverse seems to be able to send enough power to move the wheels.

Could be a few different things but no point in guessing because it will need a mechanic to fix. A shame because I know from experiance that a clutch on a starlet can last up to 140,000 miles with no issue.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Sounds like the clutch isn't being fully disengaged when the clutch pedal is pressed, any decent mechanic should be able to adjust it for you and stop it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nojboy

Hi Arginite, Thanks so much for the advice I'll get on to my mechanic straight away. Hollie B

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nojboy

Hi harmless,

Thank you very much for your helpful advice and will take it to my mechanic again to check all those things. She's such a lovely (normally reliable!) little car and worth spending the time and money on. We shall have happy motoring days again! nojboy

Advertisement