Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stones

Options
  • 06-09-2023 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭

new single "Angry". Album Hackney Diamonds following in October. Bit of a surprise, I didn't think we'd see another full album of new material.

I liked their most recent album of blues covers but I haven't been too keen on their latter-day studio albums which seem to be very Stones-by-numbers. This seems like more of the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I love the stones but don't think I'd regularly listen to anything they did after 1978. That song kinda sounds like something an algorithm would spit out. It made me wonder, what would be to stop a band like the Rolling Stones using AI and just not telling anyone? They'd be the perfect band to do it, in their 80s now so nobody expects anything other than a rolling stones by the numbers effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think angry is a good tune and the other two songs that have been heard have got good reviews this new album may be quite good so I am looking forward to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Had a listen to the new album and first impressions are that it is pretty good not ground breaking but we'll worth checking out .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gave it a first listen earlier, and loved it. Seems like a really good contemporary rock record. Bite My Head off is an absolute banger. Live By The Sword too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

First album of original material in 18 years. i like what I’ve heard so far… last album of original material of theirs I liked was Bridges to Babylon… that was 1997 or ‘98. Had some filler but some great tracks too. Saint Of Me could have been on any record of theirs… great track..

See if I’ll get more into this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement