Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting repairs done to a older camper van

Options
  • 06-09-2023 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭

A neighbour's van, will revert with name later, fiat engine, mechanical side okay Current CVRT

On board gas and water systems need repairing/replacing.

Any suggestions down Nenagh way?

In addition, whats the insurance related requirement for "weather proof" test and what is it called.

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd imagine they would be jobs for any plumber if the owner isn't anyway handy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is a motor home repairs facebook group you'll find somebody there. Off the top of my head, pat horan motorhomes in tip or there is a guy in Galway Oliver Willams I think who does motor homes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks: PH is not interested in it, will get sometime to explore FB as I dont have an account

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I've never heard of the insurance and weather proofing.

If you google "nenagh caravan repairs" you get a few it, do the same for campervan and motorhome.

What's wrong with it and when was it last driven / tested. If it's been off the road maybe get it mechanically tested or CVRT/DOE tested to check there are on nasty surprises. What year is it and are there rust issues ?

Advertisement