Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports WRC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If it's anything like Dirty Rally 2.0, it could be brilliant. Let's hope EA don't ruin it with MTX. In fairness, they haven't done that with all titles, mainly just FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I bought a Fanatec setup in the last year or so and Dirt Rally 2.0 is the best game I've played on it by miles. Really looking forward to this, new engine though so hopefully they don't mess it up.

PSVR2 support would be amazing but I think I'm gonna finally give in and switch to PC, will look into a triple monitor setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dirt Rally 2.0 is excellent. I'm enjoying it more since I got a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Advertisement

Was looking at preordering this and it's €49.99 everywhere, even the digital version on the Xbox store is that price (€44.99 if you have gamepass). Suspiciously cheap 🤨

Early gameplay videos and impressions are up from various YouTubers, the general consensus is that they've nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Can't wait for this. It also apparently has some sort of tribute to the late Craig Breen which is nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Preload available on Steam now. 71.8gb download.

I've been playing this for about an hour. It's very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Played it all day yesterday. Enjoying it apart from the frame rate issues which hopefully will be addressed asap.

I played an hour of this on Xbox earlier via EA Play/Gamepass. I noticed some fairly obvious screen tearing, seemed to happen on some stages but not others. I was playing at 1080p too. The framerate seemed ok to me but the TV can only do 60 anyway.

The gameplay just seems more like dirt rally, I would say the graphics don't really look any better than dirt rally 2 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played about 4 of the 5 hours in the trial and really enjoying it. Have it ordered so should have it for Friday.

They released an update yesterday that made a difference to my driving. I'm not sure what it was but the day before I was going all over the place and not finishing and then today I got 3rd.

Would love a steering wheel set up for this but the PS controller does give great feedback in the triggers. You can really feel when you are on the very edge of the racing line.

The IGN review was complaining about stutter, which I've seen mentioned in a few places. Haven't really seen it myself on Xbox, just screen tearing, which is still happening after the recent update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Had lots of it on PS5 along with screen tear and apparently it's the same on all playforms. Only had a short go since the update but it seems improved a fair bit, but I think I saw minor screen tearing.

Not a bad game at all once they get it running mine and smooth and fix some minor bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's clicked. I now have that rally flow down. It's almost like a dance.

I was doing okay but kept messing up. Then I did the rally school. Picked up some great tips to refine the driving and how to use the different ways to shift weight around the car. Once you have that and know when to lift off the accelerator rather than brake to get different levels of grip. And how to feather the throttle around corners it all comes together.

Just wrapping my first season up. 1 championship wins under the belt.

But what a great game. Easily my favourite driving game at the moment.

Advertisement