Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a LIDL Core Bit Drill

Options
  • 04-09-2023 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Few weeks ago I drilled hole for a 40mm waste pipe to an outside drain.

Bought a 52 mm core bit drill in Screwfix. No mention of driver on the product box but the Screwfix site said it had a half inch thread. None of the dimensions on the tool were anywhere near half inch. Eventually I found an an SDS driven "arbor" that had a "half inch" thread. (again no dimensions on the tool were anywhere near half inch.) but it fits, so all's well. This combination did the job, so ok for now.

After all this I see a Core Bit Drill in LIDL for €80+ with a Safety Clutch, so I bought it as I;ve a few more holes to drill. When I tried to connect it to the Core bits they don't match the 32mm UNC drive.

So looks like I need an adaptor for a 32 UNC driver to a half inch Core bit. (Or something else entirely?)

So this is a call out to those who are in the know to explain it all?.

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

OP, I think you are going to need to post some pictures (or links to then hosted somewhere) to get a decent answer.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anziox33

To The Continental Op,

I took your advice and went searching for images, and founds paydirt from the first result.

I entered "Lidl Core Drill" in the Youtube search field.

The first entry I got back is called

"PARKSIDE Jádrová vrtačka PKBM 1800 A1 se sadou diamantových korunek PKS 11 A1Se

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0bScd_paM

It's in Czech and so are most of the comments. (I don't speak Czech.) But otherwise it's spot-on.

Firstly shows (starting at 0.07) the guy unboxing a Lidl Core Drill which is identical to the one I've bought.

Next starting approx 1.16 Guy starts unboxing what looks like "Core Dril Bit Set", (Title is not clear.) I've never seen one of these.

At the bottom right of this box he takes out (At Approx 1.35) a small black item that he appears to use as an adaptor between the drill driver and the core bits. This is the item I'm searching for. Now I know it's included in the Parkside Core drill Bits box, so I will look out for this in Lidl. However if I knew its name and who supplies it I could probably get a one-off a lot cheaper.

One complaint, guy in the vid should wear eye protection when he's drilling.

Otherwise, over and out.

I wonder if your 32mm UNC thread is actually 1 1/4 inch? 1 1/4inch UNC is one of the standard sizes for some types of core bits.

Mad price and not even available from Amazon in Ireland but this might be what you are looking for https://www.amazon.co.uk/WERHE%C2%AE-Adapter-Sleeve-Concrete-Drill/dp/B0B18RBPQ2/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anziox33

Thanks TCO,

The 1 1/4 inch is the imperial description of 32mm on the Lidl core drill box. (I usually enter the metric size description, esp as this tool probably was made in Europe.) The amazon tool looks like it's the one I need ok but I'm not paying €47 plus for it until I see if I can get the Lidl core bit set, which includes it, or another cheaper source.

I've occasionally used a core drill for a job but never seen one like that. I suspect given Lidl's origins that the drill fitting is a type more often used in Germany than elsewhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement