Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is having travel guide good idea?

Options
  • 04-09-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I will be visiting Mexico soon. I want to overcome the language barrier. So I want to know, hiring a travel guide, good idea or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dav45

It's been four days, still not a single reply. Well, I have made my own research here. I will share it here in case someone need helps like me.

Day 1-3: Mexico City

• historic center, including Zócalo, the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Palace.
    • National Museum of Anthropology and Teotihuacan to see the ancient pyramids.

Day 4-6: Puebla

• colonial architecture.
    • historic center,Puebla Cathedral and the Church of Santo Domingo.
    • Puebla's famous cuisine, including mole poblano.

Day 7-9: Oaxaca

• Zócalo, Oaxaca Cathedral, and the Oaxaca Textile Museum.
    • Monte Albán, an ancient Zapotec archaeological site.

Day 10-12: Chiapas

• San Cristóbal de las Casas.
    • San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán.
    • Sumidero Canyon.

Day 13-15: Palenque and Mayan Ruins

• ancient Mayan ruins of Palenque
    • archaeological site
    • waterfalls of Agua Azul and Misol-Ha.

Day 16-18: Yucatán Peninsula

• Merida
    • colonial architecture, visit the local markets, and try Yucatecan cuisine.
    • Chichen Itza, one of Mexico's most famous archaeological sites.

Day 19-21: Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen and Tulum)

• Playa del Carmen and rbeautiful beaches of the Riviera Maya.
    • Quinta Avenida (Fifth Avenue) for shopping, dining, and nightlife.
    • Mayan ruins of Tulum

This is a short itinerary made by me. I will be visiting there in Christmas with my Family. And as for the tour guide for Mexico, What I have come to conclusion is it's good to have a tour guide if you want to learn their local culture and traditions properly. I have read these article if you want some references https://travelingtwogether.com/2018/11/30/the-pros-and-cons-of-guided-tours/ and https://gowithguide.com/blog/hiring-a-guide-in-cancun-pros-cons-5522 Though Having a tour guide has it's cons too like extra cost involvement, but that extra investment worth it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dav45

There are certain Advantages of having a tour guide like

• Tour guide will Navigate for you,
    • They will do the admin hassle if necessary
    • They keep you safe
    • Tour guides are interpreter
    • They are your personal photographer too

These are the points i forgot to add on above comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Personally I’d go for a guide (even part time) depending on budget, cost etc. will help with any language barrier, tickets, and also some of the history of the sights and also safety. Would love to hear back about it all as it sounds like an amazing itinerary!

Advertisement