Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox reconditioning.

Options
  • 04-09-2023 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a VW Transporter T4 and the gearbox has recently started to develop a pulsating whine when in 5th gear on the motorway. This is apparently quite common on these gearboxes and is likely attributable to a worn end bearing and a fifth gear that was starved of oil for a bit at some point. I can send away for a reconditioned gearbox to Germany for which I haven't yet got a price, but are their any good reasonable gearbox rebuilders left in Ireland. I have heard some dodge enough stories about some of the rebuilders in Ireland so would need to have a solid recommendation before I would go down this route rather than opting for the German reconditioner.

Any ideas.

Advertisement