Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows - Opinions Please

Options
  • 03-09-2023 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I'm sorry for yet another windows thread! And would love some recommendations/companies to avoid by PM.

Just got a house in need of upgrading. I am looking at replacing 8 large (1.9m x 1.25m) single glazed windows from the '70s and a bit in over my head. Could anyone ballpark a price and are there huge delays at the minute for this kind of work?

I was looking at energlaze but they only do double glazing. Is triple glazing absolutely necessary or is a good double glazing as efficient? I'd like to do this once and never again!

If anyone has a company they have a good experience with or ones to avoid in the Kildare area, I would appreciate some feedback by PM.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'd go with triple for sure as the price differential is minimal, but i feel that the performance is better, especially over the long-term.

As for recommendations, we are not supposed to, but I can recommend taking a visit to some of the supplier showrooms in Dublin as they will show you their offerings and do up a quote, etc. I'd expect to pay around 600 or 700 per window at that size with fitting extra. The difference will be day and night from 1970's units. Lead-times were 4 to 6 week from what I last heard (which was around 8 months ago).

Advertisement