Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Little Island, Any good for fishing ?

Options
  • 03-09-2023 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

So was out walking in Little Island the harbour view walk near the playground and I was talking to a guy who was fishing with his spinning rod. He seems to use this location quite a bit especially two hours before and after high tide

he mentioned getting mackerel mullet etc

has anyone else fished here? Would you recommend it as a fishing spot in Cork harbour area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

He probably never caught a mullet on the spinner but mackeral yeah.

Down by Monkstown is a great spot for cod fishing if you can manage to cast out far enough into the deep channel which is probably a 100 yard cast. Peeler crab is a great bait.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Am based in Glanmire so would prefer staying little island / Cobh / Aghada areas so the area he was fishing you wouldn’t recommend ??

there were fishing ‘jumping’ last night by the way

Advertisement