Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of discount should I look for when buying multiple appliances from Harvey Norman

Options
  • 02-09-2023 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate forum, but I couldn't find a better alternative.

Today I'll be purchasing multiple large appliances from Harvey Norman and I'm hoping to negotiate a discount. I'll be buying a fridge, oven, induction hob, washing machine and microwave. We may also be purchasing an ottoman bed base. Without the base, the listed price would be around the €3k mark, and with the bed base it'd be over €4k.

Can anyone advise on what kind of percentage discount I should be aiming for?

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

They will give you **** all and if anything breaks you will get no thanks for being a loyal, big spending customer. Back of the line with the rest!

I swore I would never go back. Deal with the smaller local guys instead

Go with someone else, your local Expert Electrical perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Make up the list, email it to all the relevant shops and ask for their best price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Fair enough!

Just out of Expert Electrical. Spent €2.5k, they gave roughly a 5% discount. I didn't try for more because I'm shite at haggling. Thanks for the advice

Advertisement