Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge - translation

Options
  • 02-09-2023 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

What does "tionscnamh" mean in English? I looked it up and it said initiative but that doesn't make sense for my son's homework. It's related to jobs. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 misssunshine123

Without knowing your son's age or class/year I'd be taking a guess ..but I'd say it means a school project. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7 18anna

He is in first year. That actually makes sense for the picture in his book. Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It means Beginning, origin, introduction, initiation, or institution/establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 18anna

Yeah, thats what I got when I looked it up but it didn't make sense in the context they were using in the book. I think it's project as miss sunshine123 suggested above. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iniscealtra

It’s a project

• Advertisement
Advertisement