Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Contracts

Options
  • 01-09-2023 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have only just started a new fixed term contract in a school (22 hours). However 4 days into the school year and i am dreading going in everyday. I am not a fan of the environment, students and it's a long commute for me. I have noticed that there are jobs coming up closer to home. My mother also has dementia and i'm needed more and more around the house

I noticed at the ASTI website that the notice is 1 month, however i would love to go for this new job in my area but afraid that they won't wait the month. has anybodt any tips for what to do. Do i tell the principal i intend to leave for a new school.

Advertisement