Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seeking Advice on a Car for Infrequent Use [8k - 13k]

Options
  • 01-09-2023 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of looking for a car that will primarily be used for occasional trips. Here are some details about my driving needs and budget:

Driving Patterns:

• I'll be using the car for about two short trips during the week, a few kms.
    • I work from home so it won't be used every day, maybe an evening or two to go to the shops.
    • One longer 15km drive at the weekend, typically not on the motorway.
    • Occasionally, a longer motorway drive once a month.

Budget: €8,000 - €13,000

I'm looking for a vehicle that is reliable, fuel-efficient, and won't break the bank when it comes to maintenance. I'd initially been looking at older Prius models but I've read that the kind of infrequent use I've described above might not be good for the battery.

If you have any recommendations, personal experiences, or tips for buying a used car in this price range, please share them with me. What cars do you think would be a good fit for my usage pattern? Are there any models I should steer clear of?

Comments

Advertisement